My reactions to this book varies from chapter to chapter in some ways. The author did a very good job of getting you into a mind set where you think you know exactly how it's going to play out, just so he can rip the carpet from underneath you and leave you astounded. The main characters,particularly Vali, played a big part as well. As I read through this novel Vali showed sides of himself that you would never expect from a protagonist or "good" guy. The pure savagery of the scenes kept me turning the pages, and the mysticism of the characters and plot had me re-reading paragraphs just to experience it again.
As for this book in general, I definitely feel it is worth your money and attention. It took me 3 days to finish this book, I read it for about 3-5 hours a day. Not because I had nothing else to do, but simply because this book captivates you from the start! Immediately you're thrown into the action and once you have tasted it, you will not be able to get enough. This book has a sense of mystery to it that keeps you in suspense all the way to the end, and you enjoy it along the way. There's no obvious answer in this book, and the saying "expect the unexpected" could be used to describe every chapter in it.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a passion for fantasy and/or historical fiction novels. Especially those of you who like werewolf tales. This book has a unique take on it that had me quite impressed by the end. One day I have a feeling I might just pick this book up again and relive all the excitement I've experienced over the course of reading this book.
As for this book in general, I definitely feel it is worth your money and attention. It took me 3 days to finish this book, I read it for about 3-5 hours a day. Not because I had nothing else to do, but simply because this book captivates you from the start! Immediately you're thrown into the action and once you have tasted it, you will not be able to get enough. This book has a sense of mystery to it that keeps you in suspense all the way to the end, and you enjoy it along the way. There's no obvious answer in this book, and the saying "expect the unexpected" could be used to describe every chapter in it.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a passion for fantasy and/or historical fiction novels. Especially those of you who like werewolf tales. This book has a unique take on it that had me quite impressed by the end. One day I have a feeling I might just pick this book up again and relive all the excitement I've experienced over the course of reading this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment