I had many predictions for this story, and it's safe to say most of them were wrong. Although to be honest, I am quite glad they were. I hated having the feeling that I knew how the book was going to end and I was barely half way through it. fortunately, the author has a talent for making everything seem one way and then completely turn it around to another direction on you. It was quite thrilling as I kept reading through too see how my predictions were entirely wrong. Especially in the last few chapters did I come to realize that there was a whole plot to this novel that I had never even thought of before.
How were my predictions different? Well to say as much without giving to much away might be difficult, but I'll try. All in all, there were four characters that the novel generally revolved around. Vali, Feileg, Adisla, and The Witch Queen. They are all apart of a huge prophecy that has to do with the Fenris Wolf and Odin, and how that prophecy plays itself out on earth time and time again. I got their roles in the prophecy messed up quite a bit, for the author did a great job of leading you on one way only to smack you in the other direction! The near the end you find out some interesting information about the God's "dreams" and how they can actually dream themselves on earth, and they will actually be born, live, and die on earth. All without even knowing who they are. I found this very interesting, if a little confusing at that. That part plays into some of the main characters though as you find out near the end, it was something I certainly didn't expect though. If I said I was not pleased with how the resolution was, or how my predictions were wrong, I'd be a liar. This book was most definitely a great find, and the author along with it.
Awesomesauce!
ReplyDeleteJust work to improve by going over the blogs and fixing typos.